Sunday, September 7, 2008

It Must Be Spring!

Another week has flown by. It has been very wet this week, so it has put a bit of a dampner on my walking before work and at lunch time. I managed a to head out for a good tramp around the neighbourhood this afternoon, only to be dive bombed by magpies. Persistent little devils chased me for a full block!!!

This weeks preparation has been quiet, a few more donations have come in for my fundraising. Thank you all. I have spent my travel time on train reading up on Nepal and have just finished reading Kiran Desai's book The Inheritance of Loss, a story about an interesting group of people set in the Himalaya's in time of civil unrest. A good read.

This afternoon I spent a little time at our local healthfood store researching the available biodegradable soaps, shampoos and washing liquids to take on the trek. I was surprised at the choices. After some advice from the lady at the counter I selected a shampoo, conditioner and general purpose washing liquid. World Expeditions are committed to responsible travel and sustainability and emphasis the importance of the conservation of the environment while we are on our trek.

No comments: